Monday, January 4, 2016

Day 4. Someone Who Inspires You

The One Who Inspired Me

Beatrix Potter is the one who inspires me. I don’t want to beat around the bush today. I’m just kind of not in the mood to do that. Instead, I would keep this simple this time.

It was not until 2010s that I discovered Beatrix Potter. I still remember that it was at an annual book fair. I was there with my boyfriend and we were hanging around the Kid’s shelves where I came across some lovely vintage books illustrated by Beatrix Potter. I still remember having such strange feelings when I saw those illustrations as if they were parts of me that had been missing for a very long time.

I always have the feeling that I have a weird yet special connection with the animal kingdom. Although I do have to admit the fact that I have some animal-related phobia, I still feel the connection between me and some common animals, like horses, dogs, cats,... except for chickens, ducks and all kinds of feather-species. Mostly, the connection came from those animals that lived in the house and on the farm.

Through Beatrix Potter’s work of art, I can sense that special connection growing stronger every time that I read her books. Her creations are quite hard to find in my country and they were all translated into my native language. Though I enjoy the books, I still have the feelings that something are still missing.

In the World of Beatrix Potter, all the creatures are just like our humans. They can talk, dance, cook, knit,… all kinds of stuffs that we do every day in our lives. Yet, humans are still existed in her world. That’s the exact dream world I always wish to visit somehow. It’s different from Wonderland and Neverland. It’s the land of Peter Rabbit.


I have a small collection of Beatrix Potter’s illustrations, from books to collectives. Too bad that I still don’t have the original version of the books cause they were not sold in my country. I’ll keep looking somehow. Maybe ordering it online?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Facebook