Saturday, January 2, 2016

Day 2. Things That Someone Told You About Yourself That You Never Forgot

Something That Someone Told Me About Myself That I Never Forgot.

I’ve been hearing ways to many things, both good and bad, about myself. To be honest, there are surely things that hurt like hell even if it was just a compliment.

There’s one thing that I would never forget. As my first real relationship ended, there are still things that I cherish. Above all those fights and sweet moments, I still remember how wonderful it is to hear such thing like that from the person you once loved as if he were your whole life.

It was my habit to ask him to name things that he loved about me, both my appearance and my personality. Usually, he would name lots of things, exceed my require of 10 things only. Just a little touch of love like this made me feel very happy.

Then one day, after he had named all the 10 things he loved about me, I asked him to name 10 things that he hated about me. He kept silent for a few seconds and then he told me: “I don’t hate you at all.”

There it goes, thing that someone told me about myself that I never forgot. It was also the most romantic thing anyone had ever told me. He didn’t want me to focus on my imperfection. Of course, there were things about me that annoyed him but those were not important. He would never list those things. He never intends to hurt me.


I’m so thankful to have heard those words. These are memories that I would cherish for the rest of my life. Sometimes, just a simple action could leave some imprints on someone’s heart that they carry on for the rest of their lives. Thank you for telling me that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Facebook