Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Day 12. 5 Blessings In Your Life

5 Blessings In My Life

I’m a blessed child. I was born into a happy family. I went to different schools and I made friends with such amazing people. So, this is going to be a long post. Here are my top 5 blessings in my life so far:

1.    My family (blood-related)

I live with my parents. I don’t intend to move out although I do love to live on my own. It’s just the feeling of guilty when I’m not here, in my parents’ house, to be with my parents. I don’t want them to live a lonely life cause they stop talking to each other for a long time now. They don’t get along very well and instead of fighting, they choose to keep quiet. Although the three of us live together under the same roof, we still have our own lives. I still have half a year to go with my college degree and I work part-time at a vocational school. My mom retired years ago. Every day, she takes care of her own little garden and using Facebook. Papa does the same Facebook thing. He still works with his jewelry business kind of thing. Still, we live together. I’m glad that I still have a home.

2.    My twin and my muses

I met my yin yang twin at the age of 10. We were classmates and we got very close in the 7th grade. We have been friends for more than ten years already. It’s getting kind of creepy ever since cause we tend to read each other’s mind. Sometimes, it feels like there was some kind of invisible connections between us which are so hard to put down in words. We do look alike somehow. Our styles and our ways of thinking have always been synchronized.

Every artist has her own muse. Her muse is her inspiration to follow the path she has chosen. Without her muse, every work of art would be missing its soul. My first and long-term muse is my best friend, Moo. I have fallen for her charm and beauty. She’s the inspiration for every work of art I’ve made. I love taking photos of her and eventually, I love writing stories inspired by her.

Emerald is my second favorite muse. She was my high school classmate and ever since we graduated, I haven’t seen her for years now. The last time I talked to her, she was in Da Nang city, studying to become a dentist, I think. When I first met her, I was charmed by her innocent look. I spent the whole summer taking many photos of her with different concepts.
Then, Hee was my third muse. I met her on my freshmen year. She was the tallest of my muses and her body was so skinny. She’s different from other muses as well as normal people. But still, she is my inspiration. She worked for me as a model for my shops along with my twin.  

3.    My Majcen Family

In September 2015, I left my old job and started working at Majcen Vocational School. I worked here as an English Teacher. Never had I thought that I would find my second family here. I was so depressed at that time from different stuffs. Truth to be told, I was at my limit going back to self-harm. I couldn’t face my own problems anymore and sometimes, I had to leave behind my responsibilities cause I was helpless.

Majcen was a different workplace for me. All the students and teachers there was totally different from what I considered “school”. It’s like a much better version of college where everyone is a member of a bigger family. The students at Majcen come from different family background and different parts of our country. There is no wall nor distance between us. They are the most magical medicine to cure my mental illness. In October 2015, I was back on my own feet again. It was like coming back from the death. I have never felt so calm in my life working at Majcen Vocational School with my beloved students and teachers.

4.    Miss Nhung

Mostly, when I think back about all my teachers, I still can see the painful memories. I didn’t enjoy schooling that much cause, well, both my teachers and my friends were not that nice to me. I don’t do tough love, okay? Tough love leaves nothing but pains on me. However, miss Nhung is different.

Miss Nhung is my first English teacher. I went to Duong Minh Language School at the age of 10. She was the first teacher who taught me the beauty of the English language. I was inspired by her method of teaching, her kindness and most of all, her unconditional love for her students. You would never feel the same way I feel when you knew nothing about a new foreign language and there you go, she would be your first teacher. She was more than just a teacher. She taught you with all her heart. She believed in you, in your ability to grow. 

Until now, I still remember all the nursery rhythms and songs and stories and life experiences that she taught. I don’t know what would I do without her. I’m so blessed to have her in my life.

5.    My unique self


I know that I have always been and I will always be different. It took me years to finally learn to accept myself the way I am. I never want nor I never choose to be different. I was born this way. Some people like me cause I’m different. Other like me because some parts of me are still normal. You know what, I don’t give a damn. It took forever for me to learn to love myself. I appreciate the fact that many people do love me for who I really am. Those are people who tend to stay in my life. I couldn’t ask for more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Facebook