Friday, February 27, 2015

Daikon's Diary: [Fri, Feb 27th] Facebook pissed me off

Dear my beloved Daisy,

[yes, Daisy is the name of my Diary]

Today, Facebook officially deactivated my account because of my name. They also asked me to provide my legal ID in order to verify my authentic name. I decided to dance one last dance with them. There's no way I'm gonna show my real name on Facebook. Vietnamese is quite a complicated language and it's very hard to pronounce Vietnamese name. I love my real name, so I want it to be pronounced correctly. It annoyed me when people pronounce my name incorrectly and they start to make fun out of it.

Linh Daikon is the alternative name that I always used online. It's much easier to pronounce in comparison to my real name. Daikon is a Japanese word, it means "radish". Daikon in Kanji is made of "Dai" from "Big" and "Kon" from "Root".

Facebook seems to be the most convenient way for me to live my life online. Since I'm an introvert, I prefer live my life her rather than going out and communicate with real life people. Facebook really pissed me off this time. I didn't even intend to provide my real ID with my real Vietnamese name on it. What's the point of having Paint installed in Windows by the way? Ha!

Let's talk about other things that happened today! Because today is a very productive day <3

I kinda moved out. My friend opened an institution for teaching IELTS and TOEIC. She rented an apartment and asked me to be a part of the team. I was in charge of the whole kitchen, which is my favourite part of the house. I've been buying my own kitchenware for a long time. Therefore, it's much convenient to move to the new place. I brought along my oven, tableware and 2 of my beloved cutting boards. I have to admit that I kinda have an obsession with cutting boards :v I don't understand why :v I really love cutting boards. 

In the afternoon, we baked a dozen of brownies cupcakes and wrapped it nicely. Those cupcakes are our gifts for the neighbors since we were new in town. We went around the neighborhood and introduced ourselves to some friendly neighbors. It was a challenge for me. Well, for an introvert.





Tomorrow, we still have a lot of things to do. I had better doze off now. *yawn*
And f*** Facebook. I have Blogger and Google Plus :3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Facebook