Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Daikon's Favourites: Noodles with Tofu & Shrimp Paste

Lately, I've been craving for some Vietnamese noodles. I was born and raised in the Southern of Vietnam. Here in Saigon, it's very easy to find from small food courts to luxury restaurants Vietnamese dishes from the North to the South. In Hanoi, noodles with tofu and shrimp paste is very popular among all ages. The price is reasonable and it depends on the side dishes. Normally, a set of noodles includes noodles, veggies, tofu and shrimp paste. However, just like rice, you can mix and match noodles with anything you like, such as bacon, spring rolls,...

A traditional set of noodles with tofu and shrimp paste.

Mommy and I decided to have noodles for lunch. Since we bought a new travel size bottle of shrimp paste of a new brand a few weeks earlier, we gave it a try. Mommy bought some herbs and cucumbers while I was in charge of the fried tofu. Shrimp paste has its unique smell and taste. I know that some people couldn't stand both the very strong smell and the taste of it. I do enjoy it anyway. In order to soften the taste a little bit, we add cumquat juice from our neighbor's garden. The cumquat juice sweetened the shrimp paste very well and it made the paste easier to enjoy after stirring it til the bubbles appeared.

Here are some more photos of our lunch <3
Fresh herbs and sliced cucumbers

Fried Tofu

Fresh noodles and shrimp paste


There was no specific recipe. Just follow along what we included in the photos.
I bought all the ingredients at our local supermarkets.
Big C: Noodles, Veggies and Fried Tofu.
Maximark: Shrimp Paste.

All the photos were taken by me, Linh Daikon. Please don't erase the watermarks.

Get in touch with me:
Facebook: Linh Daikon
Instagram: linhdaikon
I'm currently active on Facebook and Instagram only!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Facebook